Monday 2 September 2013

August Favourites.


Top: Dexter.
Bottom L-R: MAC Vegas Volt, L'Oreal Skin Perfection BB Cream in Fair, Barry M Gelly Nail Paints in Greenberry and Blue Grape and Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar body lotion.

I'll start with my main love of this month and many others: Dexter! I seriously can't get enough of this TV series (I'm currently watching it while typing this blog post) although I jumped on the bandwagon rather late as the final season is airing as we speak. After watching the first season in just under two days, I knew this was a love like no other. Basically Dexter is a blood splatter analyst who is kills serial killers that escaped justice. If you like any type of thriller or crime shows I highly recommend it! 

Now onto the beauty items! I bought Vegas Volt in the airport on the way to Florida after pining after it for months, and I have to say I think this may be my favourite EVER lipstick- which is quite a statement to make. MAC describe the colour to be a 'full power coral' and I would agree, it has a great staying power and would look amazing on many skin tones.

The L'Oreal BB cream was my holy grail item whilst in Florida, I'd never tried a BB cream before this one so was unsure what to expect. This BB cream is a light coverage but gives a lovely dewy finish when applied and it gave my skin a 'glow' that my regular foundation doesn't, as well as all this the BB cream also has SPF 25 and in the crazy heat of Florida this protected my face and I didn't burn once. 

Barry M has always been a favourite brand of nail polish, it's cheap and has a great collection of colours. My two favourite that I've purchased this month are from the Gelly range in greenberry and blue grape. I wasn't too keen on the Gelly range at first but after using these nail polishes all month I've come to love the high shine the polish gives off when dry. Both colours are extremely bright and a great way to branch out of the nude nails, they also last up to a week without chipping which for me is a miracle. 

My final favourite for this month was a cheeky purchase whilst shopping in Florida. I'd heard so many great things about Bath and Body Works so when I found a store in the Florida Mall, I was like a kid in a sweet shop! I ended up limiting myself to two body lotions and a shower gel, but out of these three the Warm Vanilla Sugar body lotion is definitely the best. It has such a gorgeous scent that's true to name and I find that it lingers on my skin for hours after application and also dries really quickly which is also a bonus!

What were your favorites this month? What TV series have you been hooked to? 
Bronwyn x

No comments:

Post a Comment